Table 4.4: Opinions of workers evaluating union activities by age.
There are worker protection representatives
The representative has not been effective in protecting workers
Communist Party activities depend on
Maybe you are interested!
- Evaluating the effectiveness of credit activities for production households at the branch of the Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development in Tuyen Hoa district, Quang Binh province - 1
- Evaluating the effectiveness of credit activities for production households at the branch of the Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development in Tuyen Hoa district, Quang Binh province - 7
- Evaluating the effectiveness of credit activities for producing households at the branch of the Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development in Tuyen Hoa district, Quang Binh province - 8
- Opinions and Evaluations of Enterprises on the Activities of the Association of Export Agricultural Products Industry
- Organizing and Evaluating Project-Based Learning Activities
The results of data analysis above show that the role of trade unions in helping workers learn about businesses and localities where they work is still limited. The union has not really shown its role in helping workers participate in social insurance.
4.1.7. Corporate social responsibility for employees' participation in social insurance
Corporate social responsibility is mentioned with many different concepts. According to the concept of the World Business Council for Sustainable Development, corporate social responsibility is the commitment to behave ethically and contribute to economic development, while improving quality. quality of life of the workforce and their families, as well as of the local community and of society as a whole . Implementing social security is a basic and indispensable content of corporate social responsibility and is regulated by State law, not just the assistance, generosity, and charity of the government. businesses to workers. Enterprises that implement social security well contribute to ensuring and improving the quality of life for workers; contribute to ensuring
common benefits for the social community; change the way a country's social security is implemented and structured; share the burden with the state.
Enterprises ensuring a salary regime and constantly improving employee welfare are not only for the benefit of the enterprise itself but also share the State's responsibility for the safety of society in general. shared. In addition, the contribution of businesses in implementing social incentives, social relief, and poverty reduction demonstrates the important role of this force in creating a stable social environment. , human life is guaranteed.
According to statistics from Vietnam Social Insurance, some non-state-owned enterprises have not yet tried to ensure social security for employees such as: social insurance, health insurance, salary and bonus payments; labor training; working conditions according to regulations.
According to the Vietnam General Confederation of Labor, one of the direct causes leading to half-hearted corporate social responsibility is due to the weak trade union organization in some places. In the small and medium enterprise sector and the private economy, only about 10% of enterprises have trade unions. Many enterprises operate trade unions only as a formality, an extended arm of the employer. labor force.
Some non-state-owned small and medium-sized enterprises have not proactively paid attention to implementing social security well due to the financial difficulties of the enterprises themselves. Some manifestations include: not paying attention to the rights of workers, "wasting social insurance payments for workers; forcing workers to work to exhaustion, with no solution to regenerate their labor power. Some businesses also have the motive to "polish their image with impure purposes such as: illegal business, racketeering, evading responsibility to workers within the business, and causing environmental pollution.
4.2. Solutions to improve the effectiveness of social insurance participation of employees in non-state enterprises
4.2.1. Complete policies and laws related to social insurance
Focus on reviewing, completing and amending regulatory documents and instructions for implementing social insurance laws and policies. There needs to be consistency between the system of laws related to social insurance. During the policy implementation process,
Laws on social insurance need to soon focus on resolving the following contents: The order and procedures for implementing social insurance policies are still cumbersome and complicated; Time to resolve administrative procedures of the social insurance industry; The work of guiding workers and businesses to participate in social insurance is still limited; Social insurance's declaration forms still have many shortcomings; The application notifies application results via email; Processing and returning documents...
4.2.2. Promote information and propaganda work on social insurance
- Strengthen coordination with agencies of the Central Propaganda Department, Vietnam Fatherland Front, Ministry of Information and Communications and relevant ministries and branches in deploying information and propaganda on social insurance; Strengthen propaganda information for subjects such as: commune and ward officials and through trade unions; Strengthen forms of propaganda: propaganda through specialized revenue officers; mass media system; social networks, distributing leaflets... Besides, it is necessary to organize more conferences, seminars, and propaganda meetings directly to workers. Propaganda venues should be held at the headquarters. Karma.
- Establish a hotline to answer questions and listen to reports of social insurance evasion so that people can find out as soon as needed. In addition to propagandizing policies and social insurance benefits, legal documents, and providing guidance on implementing social insurance benefits.
- Select propaganda content to raise awareness for workers, especially young workers, so that they clearly understand their rights and responsibilities while participating in social insurance. Organizations can help when participating. social insurance premium; Raising awareness of business owners to show businesses that employee participation is not only a responsibility but also a necessity in ensuring the business of the business. Propaganda content needs to be short, easy to understand, and attract people's attention. Set examples of typical individuals and units in good implementation of policies for replication and promptly criticize units that do not strictly comply, affecting the rights of workers.
4.2.3. Work to expand and develop social insurance participants at non-state enterprises
Focus on mobilizing the participation of all levels and sectors in exploiting and expanding social insurance participants at non-state enterprises. Therefore, it is necessary to advise and submit to the Hanoi People's Committee to assign targets for developing annual social insurance participants to districts in the city, assigning targets to each target group, including There are workers at enterprises. Advise to provide direction, urge and guide units to implement and complete assigned targets, periodically evaluate implementation results, and take timely measures to encourage and reward those who The unit performed well, completing targets with the highest results.
Coordinate closely with the Department of Planning and Investment; Department of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs; City Labor Federation; Party Committee of the city's business sector in organizing and implementing social insurance activities.
- When businesses participate in bidding for a certain field of work, the bid documents must have confirmation from the social insurance agency on the implementation of social insurance for the unit's employees, considering this as a criterion for Review contractor capacity.
- It is necessary to consider gender balance in businesses as well as men must also enjoy the benefits that social insurance brings equivalent to women.
4.2.4. Solutions for social insurance collection management
Strengthen revenue management measures for businesses, comply with legal regulations to ensure correct and complete collection, prevent revenue loss and arrears to ensure employee rights and the ability to balance funds Social insurance.
Manage well and conduct regular and continuous monitoring of each type of participant; all specialized officials must closely follow businesses and employees in assigned economic sectors; Timely guide businesses to register to participate in new increases; Revenue management officers need to be proactive and sensitive to changes in the total salary fund of the labor-employing unit, promptly notify and guide the unit to make deductions and remittances according to regulations.
Actively advocate and encourage business owners to pay salaries and wages to employees through ATM accounts, in order to create favorable conditions for the social insurance agency to easily grasp salary and wage developments. of each unit participating in social insurance;
Coordinate closely with the Department of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs to supervise units in implementing legal regulations such as signing contracts and implementing social insurance policies; Coordinate with the Tax authority to compare the salary declaration in the social insurance participation dossier by units with the salary declaration dossier for tax payment, thereby limiting the situation of evasion of social insurance payment obligations.
Strengthen coordination with departments, branches and unions in the collection of outstanding social insurance premiums, assign targets to strive for debt reduction, and number of inspection and inspection units. Organize specialized inspections, examinations, and supervisions and resolutely handle units that violate social insurance laws.
4.2.5. Regarding reform of administrative procedures in implementing social insurance
Continue to well implement the one-stop shop mechanism in all social insurance systems from city to district level. Publicize documents, guiding documents, and procedures for participating in social insurance on mass media to avoid subjects misunderstanding the regulations, violating regulations, and having to travel a lot.
Implement well the electronic social insurance transaction mechanism on collection and issuance of social insurance books and health insurance cards according to the direction of Vietnam Social Insurance. Reduce the time to pay social insurance; Complete and amend regulatory documents of the State and departments on social insurance; Review the entire system of industry guidance documents to propose additions, modifications or abolition of regulations and procedures that are no longer appropriate.
4.2.6. Coordination between departments, branches and social insurance agencies
Departments and branches need to strengthen coordination to carry out interdisciplinary inspection and examination activities, through which, it is possible to compare the number of employees, labor contracts, and revenues of registered enterprises. Social insurance and business registration, tax registration..., promptly detect cases of non-participation to request registration to participate according to regulations; There should be strict sanctions for violations of the law
such as evading payment, not registering to participate or not registering enough people to participate according to regulations, outstanding social insurance debt.
It is necessary to strengthen the coordination of departments and branches to drastically handle violating units, and at the same time coordinate to well implement measures to deduct money from the deposit accounts of labor-employing units to pay money. Social insurance has not been paid, late payment and interest arises according to regulations.
4.2.7. Solutions to complete organizational and administrative work on revenue management for businesses
The Hanoi Social Insurance Agency needs to identify the functions and responsibilities of each level, each department, and each collection officer and assign responsibilities to those units to handle the matter within the allowable scope of agreement. Regularly monitor the performance of the units under your management; It is necessary to properly evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the organizational structure, thereby implementing appropriate decentralization and assignment of responsibilities and defining a development strategy for internal resources.
Perfecting the management of social insurance collection for businesses: implementing the one-stop mechanism in the receiving stage, there needs to be innovations in methods and management in social insurance collection.
At the same time, implement regulations on assignment, responsibility and working style of the unit so that officers and employees can promote initiative and creativity in their work in assigned areas of responsibility and improve their work. sense of responsibility and unifying the direction of all levels.
Strengthen the application of information technology in social insurance collection management; Organize information technology classes for social insurance officers; Provide accompanying documents when applying new technology; Provide funding and have a plan for social insurance agencies at all levels to self-organize courses on new technology applied in social insurance management activities.
Improving the profession of social insurance collection management officers; Build a team of staff with good professional expertise, understanding of social insurance policies, strong political ethics, dynamism, and creativity in work.
Organize regular professional training courses on social insurance for Hanoi city social insurance officials. Every year, appoint officers
In the agency, go to learn experiences in other localities and attend professional training courses etc.
- Always attach importance to political education, ideology, professional capacity and sense of responsibility of officials in charge of social insurance collection management; Pay attention to training good experts in information technology, especially in management software, experts in social insurance policy and law, and officials who work in checking and calculating data with current means. Modern, economic management methods to complete the common cause of social insurance.
- Complete inspection and evaluation of revenue management activities. Promoting collection inspection and supervision activities at social insurance in districts and cities in the province is a necessary requirement, it ensures correct and sufficient collection of subjects subject to regulations, and preserves social insurance revenue to avoid loss. To exit the social insurance fund, if inspection activities are to be effective, it is necessary to:
- Firmly grasp the number of units employing labor and the salary fund of each unit to collect social insurance correctly and fully. Increase the number of periodic inspections and monitoring of social insurance payment by units, answer questions, and resolve complaints and denunciations from organizations and individuals related to social insurance collection management activities to ensure protect their rights according to the law.
Regularly carry out inspection and inspection of compliance with regulations and working practices of officials and civil servants in the social insurance system; Promptly rectify and strictly handle any officials and employees who commit acts of harassment and trouble against units and individuals participating in and enjoying social insurance benefits, and conduct criticism. publicly disclose to officials who commit violations depending on the severity of the violation.
There needs to be timely rewards when officials can exploit many participants and manage revenue for units well, thereby encouraging, motivating and having competition to improve the working capacity of employees. officer.
4.2.8. Solutions to support business and employee development
Create conditions to help businesses expand their business scale and types of businesses; Strictly handle cases where businesses treat workers unfairly, and promote job creation for workers. In other words, these are solutions to influence the labor market to create more
ch works for workers. Develop and implement socio-economic development projects of the province; It is necessary to have human resource development policies, especially training and retraining issues so that workers can proactively find suitable jobs in the labor market. Strengthen the social responsibility of businesses towards workers, avoid discrimination against workers; Create conditions for workers to participate in the labor market or have the opportunity to return to the labor market; Focus on promulgating legal documents to improve institutions and simplify administrative procedures related to production and business activities in the area.
4.2.9. Solutions to establish grassroots party and trade union organizations in enterprises
Continue to establish grassroots Party organizations and trade unions in enterprises according to the provisions of Decree 98/2014/ND-CP of the Government; At the same time, urge these organizations to operate effectively, ensure that businesses strictly comply with legal policies in general and social insurance laws in particular, and protect the legitimate rights and interests of workers in the workplace. enterprise.
Conclusion of chapter 4
Through data analysis results, it can be seen that factors such as gender, age group and education level of workers affect social insurance participation. Other factors: immigration, ethnicity, number of children, and marital status do not affect workers' participation in social insurance.
Regarding awareness, although many workers admit that participating in social insurance is necessary, they are not interested in learning about the benefits that social insurance brings, and do not have enough knowledge about the regimes. Social insurance, some workers even equate social insurance with health insurance, not understanding the role of trade unions at enterprises. It is the lack of knowledge about social insurance and the role of trade unions that may put workers at a disadvantage to business owners.
Regarding the type of enterprise, non-state enterprises have a much lower rate of participation in the social insurance program than enterprises with foreign investment (FDI). Regarding the size of the enterprise, the number of employees the enterprise has is greater