After skipping the launch of the OnePlus 8T Pro this year, OnePlus is reportedly planning to launch the OnePlus 9 smartphone earlier than usual next year.
Reportedly, this Chinese company tends to launch the first phone of the year in April or early May. However, according to a new report, OnePlus is planning to launch the OnePlus 9 in May. 3 – a month earlier than their usual timeframe.
- What are the components inside the Huawei Mate 40 Pro?
- Note 20 Ultra, iPhone 12 Pro Max, Xperia 1 II, Mate 40 Pro camera review and comparison part 3
- Note 20 Ultra, iPhone 12 Pro Max, Xperia 1 II, Mate 40 Pro camera review and comparison part 2
- Note 20 Ultra, iPhone 12 Pro Max, Xperia 1 II, Mate 40 Pro camera review and comparison part 1
- Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite 5G review part 2
In terms of specifications, the OnePlus 9 is said to use Snapdragon 875 processor and support for 65W Warp Charge fast charging. In addition, this phone is also expected to carry improvements in the camera as well as wireless charging technology.
This move will allow OnePlus to better compete with high-end smartphones from Samsung, Xiaomi and other Android OEMs that tend to launch their devices within the same timeframe. However, there are rumors that Samsung will launch its 2021 flagship, the Galaxy S21 series, as early as January next year. So it is understandable to choose to introduce the OnePlus 9 earlier. It will also give OnePlus more time to prepare for the premium “T” version at the end of the year (instead of just 6 months as before).
Today’s report also claims that the OnePlus 8 series did not have sales as expected by the Chinese company. However, OnePlus Nord has initially achieved success in its important market, India.
In the future, OnePlus may focus more on low-cost and mid-range devices as it wants to expand its reach with new customers and sales.