After appearing a lot of specifications of both Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21 + and Galaxy S21 Ultra, now, details about the camera of the most advanced version continue to leak.
According to leaker @UniverseIce, Galaxy S21 Ultra will have 2 10MP telephoto cameras, one with 3x optical zoom lens and the other with 10x optical zoom lens. Furthermore, the source also said that the Galaxy S21 Ultra will be the best smartphone ever with a telephoto camera, thanks to its larger sensor and faster autofocus.
- What are the components inside the Huawei Mate 40 Pro?
- Note 20 Ultra, iPhone 12 Pro Max, Xperia 1 II, Mate 40 Pro camera review and comparison part 3
- Note 20 Ultra, iPhone 12 Pro Max, Xperia 1 II, Mate 40 Pro camera review and comparison part 2
- Note 20 Ultra, iPhone 12 Pro Max, Xperia 1 II, Mate 40 Pro camera review and comparison part 1
- Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite 5G review part 2
Both the telephoto cameras on the Galaxy S21 Ultra use a 1 / 2.8-inch sensor with a large 1.22µm pixel and dual-pixel phase-detection autofocus. That’s a huge improvement over the 48MP (1/2 inch sensor, 0.8µm large pixel) sensor from the Galaxy S20 Ultra as the Galaxy S21 Ultra won’t need to digitally cut from the sensor, resulting in details and higher sensitivity.
Switching to dual-pixel AF also for telephoto cameras will result in faster and more reliable focusing. Compared to the Galaxy S20 Ultra, the Galaxy S21 Ultra can also take better portrait shots, thanks to a dedicated 3x telephoto camera. If you remember, the Galaxy S20 Ultra uses a digital cropping from its 108MP sensor to provide 2x zoom when you’re using portrait mode.