The New Organic Grower, 3rd Edition: A Master's Manual of Tools and Techniques for the Home and Market Gardener, 30th Anniversary Edition
“Updated for its 30th anniversary edition; [This book] remains as relevant as ever.”―New York Times Book Review
Since its original publication in 1989, The New Organic Grower has been one of the most important farming books available, with pioneer Eliot Coleman leading the charge in the organic movement in the United States. Now fully illustrated and updated, this 30th Anniversary Edition is a must-have for any agricultural library.
Eliot Coleman’s books and innovative methods have helped innumerable organic farmers build successful farms in deep accordance with nature. The wisdom in this seminal book holds true even as the modern agricultural canon has grown―in large part due to Coleman’s influence as a wise elder with decades of experience. New information has been included in this edition to showcase the new tools and techniques that Eliot has been developing over the last thirty-five years.
Inspired by the European intensive growers, The New Organic Grower, 30th Anniversary Edition, offers a very approachable and productive form of farming that has proven to work well for the earth and its stewards for centuries. Gardeners working on 2.5 acres or less will find this book especially useful, as it offers proof that small-scale market growers and serious home gardeners can live good lives close to the land and make a profit at the same time. The New Organic Grower is ideal for young farmers just getting started, or gardeners seeking to expand into a more productive enterprise.
New material in this edition includes:
- Beautiful color photographs throughout, taken by master gardener and author Barbara Damrosch (Eliot’s wife and co-farmer)
- Updated information throughout on how Eliot’s practices have changed through his experiments over the years
- A new section from Damrosch about incorporating flowers on the small farm
- More information on new tools Eliot has invented that don’t appear in any of his other books
Customer Reviews4.1 out of 5 stars
By 592 Customers
Product Information- Price: (Check on Amazon)
- Manufacturer: Chelsea Green Publishing
- Brand: Chelsea Green Publishing
- Sales Rank: #11505
- Product Group: Book
- Total New: 34
- Total Used: 15
- Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
- Availability Type: now
- Technical Details
- Add To Baby Registry
- Add To Wedding Registry
- Add To Wishlist
- Tell A Friend
- All Customer Reviews
- All Offers
- - The Market Gardener: A Successful Grower's Handbook for Small-Scale Organic Farming
- - Beet Root Remedy's Nutrition MEGA Strength Vegan 1000 mg / 60000 mg per Bottle VCaps (Beta Vulgaris)(Check Supplement Facts Box for a List of Organic Ingredients)
- - Nature's Blossom Edible Flower Kit - Grow 4 Culinary Flowers from Seed. A Complete Starter Set with Organic Seeds, Planting Pots, Seed Starting Soil, Plant Labels and Gardeners Growing Manual
- - Nature's Blossom Heirloom Salad Vegetables Growing Kit. Grow 4 Heirloom Vegetables from Organic Seeds. Gardening Set Contains Vegetable Seeds, Growing Pots, Soil, Plant Labels and a Gardening Guide.
- - Nature's Blossom Succulent and Cactus Growing Kit. A Complete Garden Starter Set To Grow Your Own Succulents and Cacti Plants From Organic Seeds. Indoor Gardening Guide Included
- - Nature's Blossom Sunflower Growing Kit - Grow 3 Different Sunflowers from Organic Seed. A Complete Beginner Gardeners Growing Set to Start Your Own Indoor Flower Garden at HOM
- - The Greenhouse and Hoophouse Grower's Handbook: Organic Vegetable Production Using Protected Culture
- - Nature's Blossom Bonsai Tree Kit. Grow 4 Types of Miniature Trees From Seed. A Complete Indoor Gardening Seed Starter Set with Organic Tree Seeds, Soil, Planting Pots, Plant Labels and Growing Guide
- - Nature's Blossom Herb Garden Seed Starter Kit. Grow 4 Herbs from Organic Seeds - Basil, Cilantro, Parsley, Thyme. A Complete Beginner Gardeners Gardening Set. Unique Holiday Gift Idea.
- - Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child, 4th Edition: A Step-by-Step Program for a Good Night's Sleep
- - Microgreen Garden: Indoor Grower's Guide to Gourmet Greens