OPPO introduces the OPPO X 2021 roll screen smartphone concept with a unique design
True to the previously leaked information, OPPO today at Inno Day 2020 has officially introduced the concept of the OPPO X 2021 roll screen phone that it is developing.
The most surprising aspect of this smartphone is that it doesn’t have a fixed display size with an adjustable screen from 6.7 inches to 7.4 inches. OPPO gave an example of how this smartphone works: when a user clicks on a video link, the screen adjusts to the aspect ratio.
Maybe you are interested!
- Samsung SGH-N378 uses Snapdragon 750G chip, 5G support appeared on Geekbench
- There is information about cheap Huawei 5G smartphones using Dimensity 700 chip
- Smartphones using Snapdragon 875 chip, fast charging 100W, will be released in early 2021
- OnePlus 9 exposes camera cluster parameters: Sony IMX689 main sensor, 48MP wide-angle camera?
- OnePlus 9 series specs leaked: Snapdragon 875 chip, 144Hz screen, 65W fast charging
In its basic form, the OPPO X 2021 has a screen size of 6.7 inches. It’s an OLED panel with a highly durable Warp Track display underneath, and it’s just 0.1mm thick at its thinnest point. It is not clear what material OPPO uses to protect the screen of this phone but most likely it is some kind of plastic.
Thanks to the dual scrolling motor below, OPPO is able to create a screen that doesn’t fold, something current folding screen smartphones are still trying to fix. The motor can retract and expand with the force evenly distributed across both halves of the screen.
The OPPO X 2021 also has a motor frame consisting of a fixed frame and a moving frame placed on top. The gapless 2-in-1 panel design prevents the screen from collapsing thanks to metal support underneath the panel.
Currently, this phone is still at concept level and it is not clear when OPPO will commercialize it. However, with LG and most recently OPPO entering the roll-screen smartphone market, we probably won’t have to wait long to experience this new technology on phones.