Google Pixel 4a has a touch error after updating Android 11
Earlier this month, Google officially launched Android 11 and released the update to Pixel phone users. However, it seems that not everyone is lucky to own a smartphone that Google prioritizes to update to the latest operating system.
Maybe you are interested!
- OnePlus 9 Pro reveals render image: Curved screen, rear camera cluster like Galaxy S20 FE
- Samsung Galaxy A02 ready to launch, using Qualcomm chip with double internal memory Galaxy A01
- Signs that Samsung is about to launch two new cheap smartphones Galaxy A02 and M02
- Galaxy A02 suddenly appeared on Geekbench using Snapdragon chip, running Android 10
- Vivo launches Y12s: Helio P35, 13MP dual camera, 5000mAh battery
According to a report from AndroidPolice, a large segment of Pixel 4a users have encountered problems after updating to Android 11. On the Google forums and XDA-Developers, there are a lot of posts complaining about Pixel 4a has a touch error after updating Android 11, including touch insensitivity and touch disturbance.
Although the touch error does not affect all users, however this issue is most evident for those who use a screen protector. For a temporary fix, they just have to downgrade to Android 10 or remove the protective sticker from the screen. Common methods like reboot, safe mode, or factory reset are completely useless.
According to a Google employee, the touchscreen issue with Pixel 4a appears to be a hardware failure, not related to software. However, it only happened after updating to Android 11 and works normally on older Android versions. While waiting for Google to respond and fix errors, you should not update Android 11 for your Pixel 4a, especially while using a screen protector.