– Select appropriate organizational forms to conduct career guidance and job counseling activities for students, following the motto of diversifying forms of activities. It can be organized in the form of a club, a job fair, through an annual student dialogue conference, through academic advisors, through teaching and learning subjects in class, through the school's website...
– Expand relationships with organizations and units in receiving students to practice, learn about jobs after graduation, etc. to have a practical basis for career guidance and job counseling.
– Building information channels on human resource needs, introducing jobs for students after graduation.
– Develop a scientific working schedule to regularly organize career guidance and job counseling activities for students;
– Focusing on capacity building for staff and specialists of the Student Affairs Department in implementing career guidance and job counseling tasks for students.
Maybe you are interested!
- Current Status of Testing, Assessment of Career Activities and Job Counseling for Students
- Organize Training for Team Cbql, Teachers, School Cvs on Career Activities and Job Counseling
- Managing career counseling activities for students at Chi Linh Vocational and Vocational Continuing Education Center, Hai Duong province - 1
- Managing career counseling activities for students at Chi Linh Vocational and Vocational Continuing Education Center, Hai Duong Province - 2
- Theoretical Basis on Management of Career Counseling Activities for Students at Gdtx - Hn - Dn Center.
- Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of the organization of career guidance and job counseling to help managers know if the organizational structure, assignment, assignment of tasks and support are reasonable, scientific and effective. From there, there are timely adjustments to achieve the set goals.
1.4.3. Directing career guidance and job counseling activities for students
The Student Affairs Department directs career guidance and job counseling activities for students:
- Guide counselors and lecturers to carry out activities according to the school plan.
- Directing professional training and consulting activities for the school's team of counselors and lecturers.
– Motivating and encouraging the team to participate in counseling activities, professional training activities for career counseling for students.
– Encourage self-study spirit, experience initiatives and contributions of teachers, counselors, career guidance and job counseling for students.
– Monitor and supervise the activities of the team in career guidance and job counseling for students to ensure that the plans are implemented on schedule and with quality.
1.4.4. Examining and evaluating career guidance and job counseling for students
The Student Affairs Department examines and evaluates career guidance and job counseling for students:
Regularly review and evaluate the effectiveness of career guidance and job counseling activities in an appropriate manner, pointing out strengths and limitations that need to be overcome to improve the effectiveness of career guidance and counseling activities. job.
Based on the characteristics of the training profession, the quality of the students' input, and the conditions of the school, it is possible to develop criteria to evaluate the effectiveness of career guidance and job counseling activities.
Compare and measure the achieved results of each career guidance and job counseling activity, compare them with the set evaluation criteria to evaluate the results and adjust and revise the evaluation criteria if necessary. necessary.
When examining and evaluating career guidance and job counseling for students, it is important to note:
Use a variety of assessment methods and tools to evaluate.
– Consider the time of testing and evaluation to make accurate conclusions about the effectiveness of career guidance and job counseling activities for students.
– Use the assessment form on many students to draw an objective conclusion.
– Evaluate in many fields, paying special attention to the effectiveness of career guidance and job counseling for students after graduation every year to make timely adjustments, contributing to improving training quality. .
– Coordinate with the school's inspection forces to obtain authentic information about the implementation of career guidance activities and job counseling for students.
1.5. Factors affecting career guidance and job counseling for students
1.5.1. Economic and social context
In the context of globalization, and the trend of integration, under the strong impact of the scientific and technological revolution, especially the rapid development of the industrial revolution 4.0, the problem of youth employment is increasing. becomes an important issue, with many problems raised. In Vietnam, the difficulties in finding job opportunities and meeting the employers' needs of new graduates are an obstacle, causing waste of human resources. The problem posed in career guidance is: how to help people face and solve career difficulties, help them move in the best way? Therefore, career guidance and job counseling in today's era must help individuals cope with changes by analyzing situations… Consultants may not give specific advice but help individuals adapt. with new circumstances,
1.5.2. Psychophysiological characteristics of students
220.127.116.11. The development of self-consciousness
Thanks to the self-conscious development, students have the knowledge, attitudes, and the ability to evaluate themselves to actively adjust their personal development in the direction of social trends. For example, students who are studying at pedagogical colleges and universities, they are clearly aware of their abilities and qualities, the degree of conformity of those characteristics with the requirements of the profession, through which They will clearly define their learning and training goals and demonstrate them by daily learning actions during class time, vocational practice or scientific research. Thanks to the ability to self-evaluate and develop, students can recognize and consider their learning capacity, high or low learning results depending on their consciousness, attitude, and learning method.
18.104.22.168 About psychological characteristics
Student age has typical psychological features, this is their strength compared to other age groups such as: high self-consciousness, professional affection, competence and developed intellectual affection (thirst) find new things, like to explore and discover), have needs, desire to achieve, have many dreams and like to experience, dare to face challenges.
Students have initially formed a worldview to see and evaluate life, study, and daily activities. Students are future intellectuals, at this age the needs and aspirations of success arise early. Studying in professional schools is a good opportunity for students to experience themselves, therefore, students love to explore and learn new things, and at the same time, they like to reveal their own strengths, like learn, cultivate, equip themselves with living capital and understanding, dare to face challenges to assert themselves.
Another prominent psychological feature at this age is the stable feelings of students, in which professional affection must be mentioned - a motivation to help them study hard, creatively, when they practice. interest and passion for the chosen profession.
22.214.171.124 About social characteristics
This is the period of the most active development of moral and aesthetic feelings, the period of formation and stabilization of personality, especially when they have the social role of adults. students have their own plans for their activities and are independent in judgment and behavior, this is a period of strong and dynamic changes in the social value scale. They determine their future life path, actively master their profession and begin to experiment themselves in all areas of life.
126.96.36.199 About personality traits
The inner world of students of professional schools is extremely complicated when they have reached a certain level, personality development is a dialectical process of arising and resolving conflicts, is the process of transitioning from external requirements into their own requirements and their own self-advocacy and active activities.
The student's personality characteristics are clearly shown:
- Rich and diverse development needs.
- Students' interest from wide to deep.
- A clear outlook on life.
- Rich and complex inner life.
- Willingness and self-development ability.
Understanding the psychophysiological characteristics of students helps managers to plan, content, and organize appropriate career guidance and job counseling activities to achieve the set goals.
1.5.3. Management capacity of managers
Management is one of the factors that determine the quality of career guidance and job counseling. Career guidance and job counseling can only be carried out effectively when school administrators have an understanding of career guidance and job counseling activities, and duties of principals and managers in organizing career guidance and counseling activities. employment counseling. Proper awareness of the position, content and methods of organizing career guidance and job counseling activities will help managers direct and guide teachers, trainees, and other participating forces to coordinate in the implementation of career guidance and counseling activities. job counseling to achieve the set goals.
Competent management staff will effectively perform the functions of planning, organizing, directing, checking and evaluating career guidance and job counseling activities in accordance with regulations, appropriate to the locality and the school. , creating trust in students and the community, capable of attracting social forces to participate in career guidance and job counseling for students.
1.5.4. Qualification, quality, capacity and awareness of the participating forces
The qualifications, quality and capacity of the participating forces (consultants) are the factors that directly determine the effectiveness of career guidance and job counseling activities and the management of physical education and training activities. Because if the counselors have professional qualifications, understand the students, have knowledge about the labor market, help students understand the relationship between competence, career interests and needs. society to make the right decision in choosing a career and a sense of learning. At the same time, coordinate with the units to successfully complete the assigned tasks, helping the management staff to effectively manage the physical labor and materials activities.
The awareness of the participating forces is a very important factor to help managers perform their work effectively. If counselors and students are aware of the importance of career guidance and job counseling for the school's educational activities, they will be willing to cooperate and participate in activities organized by the school. and at the same time make efforts to complete the assigned tasks.
Attention and capacity building for consultants are requirements and conditions for improving the quality and efficiency of career guidance and job counseling activities.
1.5.5. Mechanism and policy of using social labor
This is a factor that has a strong impact on the management of career guidance and job counseling activities. Because the implementation of career guidance and job counseling activities as well as the management of physical education and training activities must ensure the legality, that is, they must comply with the guidelines and policies of the State and the industry; The policies on socio-economic development; forecasting human demand, policies on human resource use of the country, region and the locality; regulations on the program of RWSS and development of staff to implement the RWSS ... have a direct impact on the RWSS and the management of this activity. If the guidelines, specific policies, clear and transparent mechanisms will be favorable for the implementation of the implementation of the Physical Education and Training and the management of the Physical Education and Training for students and vice versa.
CONCLUSION CHAPTER 1
On the basis of studying documents and scientific research, the author has systematized the theoretical basis of management of career guidance and job counseling for college students.
Management of career guidance and job counseling for students is part of training management and school management in general. Content and requirements of management of career guidance and job counseling for students need to comply with the general concept of management, career guidance and job counseling. Managing career guidance and job counseling for students including: